Head Teacher, Toodler - Campus Santo André
Are you passionate about Toddlers or Early Years learning? Would you like to help and inspire students right at the start of their learning journey?
If you are looking for a long-term position in the Red House International organization, this excellent opportunity as a Head Teacher could be the perfect role for you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
To be considered for this position, you will need to show that you are an inspirational Early Years Educator, capable of bringing a high level of creativity to the school. Successful applicants will have a motivational and inspirational attitude and a fun, charismatic disposition, as well as powerful leadership skills and professionalism. You will be able to deliver insightful learning opportunities on the full range of topics covering every area of our bilingual-international curriculum.
You will also contribute to building a robust learning atmosphere that underpins students´ appreciation in being in the school, feeling part of a joyful community.
- Teach classes and guide students' learning, promoting teaching experiences based on Red House's pedagogical plan and every child's special needs;
- Know the school´s pedagogical proposal, the approach adopted and the learning expectations of every specific grade;
- Analyze students’ progress in the learning process, collecting evidence and following-up on all individual needs, and defining actions to improve performance;
- Develop, together with coordination, strategies that promote the improvement and engagement of students, based on observation and collection of evidence;
- Ensure safety, constantly remaining with students in any given activity, observing, guiding and interfering when necessary in order to avoid the likelihood of accidents. This stance is expected to be comprehensively kept for all students in the school.
- Counsel children with the support of evidence-based practices, handling conflict situations, according to what is proposed by the school´s philosophy;
- Guide the TAs as to expectations, deadlines and clear instructions, reporting to the coordination the development needs as identified;
- Participate in academic meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve your professional fit;
- Be responsible for students’ school material and class management.
- Undergraduate degree in Pedagogy;
- Fluent or native English.
- 2 years’ experience as a Toddler Head Teacher (1-3-year old students);
- Experience in bilingualism;
- Experience in private nurseries;
- Knowledge of IB methodology is a plus;
- Digital thinking.